Striated rash on stomach, deep purple red, spreading, gained weight. Stretch marks?

I have a striated rash on my stomach . It started out small four years ago and only a few on one side. Now it s spread all over my stomach. While I have gained weight since it began, I had not gained any weight when it first started. At first I thought they were stretch marks but they ve been a deep purply red for almost 5 years now. Is it really likely stretch marks wouldnt lighten in that time period? What should I do? Mederma? Cocoa Butter? I can t see anyone for them for months and I m so self-conscious. I can t even take my shirt off. Please.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012