Stressed, speaks jiberish while sleeping, nightmares, bit on arm. How to control?

Last night my husband bit me on my arm . I quickly got up and told him to stop. I really got scared i told him what he had done and that if he had realised what he has done. his response was yes . he then got out of bed and went to the toilet. At this point he really sh?? me up.That evening he was watching a vampire movie with lots of blood and guts. He does not sleep well. His bedtime routine is sleeping between 1am and 3am. He gets up for half 8pm. He s got a lot of stress . He speaks jiberish whiles sleeping and makes sudden movements. Once he was having a nightmare until I woke I m up, asking him if he was ok. I think I saved him from his nightmare. Can you please help and give some sort of explanation. Thanks kera
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Hello Seethalkaursingh,
The problem you have tried to describe, doesn't appear to a nightmare. Its more closer to being a night terror. Please understand that such complains are very common and increase at the time of stress. People generally don't discuss them as they don't cause any problem for themselves. Epilepsy / seizure disorder is another concern and he should be investigated by an EEG. There are many unanswered questions in your write-up. But one thing is for certain that your husband surely need some help from a psychiatrist. Please ask him to visit one who would like to explore many his areas.
Hope this answers some of your questions.