Stress, pins, needles in arm. Signs of heart problem? Family history of heart attacks. Will carotid ultrasound help?

Hi, I am writing on behalf of a friend. He has a significant history of heart disease, his father and brother both died early due to heart attacks, they also had cardiac stents placed before heart attacks. My friend does not watch his intake of saturated fat , does exercise moderatley, currently not living high stress . My question, at the beginning of this year he was under a lot of stress and began to have pins and needles in his left arm , wondering if this is a sign of impending heart problems? He has never had his cholesterol checked. Would a carotid ultra sound help diagnose the level of heart disease? should he wait until he has more symptoms and get his heart arteries checked for build up? thankyou for your time.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012