Strep throat, tingling sensation in hands and fingers on coughing. Cure for symptoms?

My husband has been on antibiotics for 4 days for strep throat and he says every time he coughs and random times through out the day his right hand and fingers feel tingly (like they are going to sleep), then he shakes his hand and it disappears. He feels it has to be related to the illness or medication because he has never felt this before and there is no history of neck or arm pain. I recently had a laminectomy in lumbar spine and I know very well what he is feeling. Any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012