Strep throat after oral sex, culture showed enterobactor cloacae/asburiae. Is it dangerous ?

Hi, I recently began a sexual relationship with another woman and after having oral sex I developed what I thought was strep throat; however, my doctor said the culture showed enterobactor cloacae/asburiae. She said she d never seen this bacteria in a throat infection. She prescribed a UTI medicine. Can you explain if this bacteria is dangerous, how I can prevent future infections, and whether my partner has reason for concern? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012