Strange tongue growth..

Okay, so Ive had this thing on my tongue for a few days and its very strange. Its not growing much in with as it is in length. Its pretty white, but its only one spot, its not all over. I think it could be an infected taste bud, but I really don't know. It doesn't hurt at all, its just annoying. Any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Sep 2010
  Anonymous's Response
I also have a tiny thing growing on my tongue. When it first appeared I thought it was a taste bud that had been torn by my braces. It did not go away and my braces were removed almost 2 months ago. It didn't bother me until a few days ago. It feels a little sore and seems to be suddenly much larger. Perhaps it is irritated and the swelling has made it bigger. My fear is that it could be a wart. If your husband has a couple of small warts on his penis and your tongue has had it possible for this to one day transfer to the partner's tongue? When I mentioned this to my husband he thought I was over-reacting. He has had these (3 tiny warts) since our marriage 2o years ago and says it would have happened before now. Is he correct? What type of doctor/specialist treats the tongue??
Sounds like an inflamed, damaged taste bud. If it does not settle down on it's own, or if it is still growing, get yourself examined and have a therapeutic biopsy.