Strange smell coming. Cleaned belly button with ear cleaner, little blood found. What does it mean?

Hi, my name is Jodie i am 45 and female, i have smelt a strange smell for the last 24hrs or so and after showerings and makeing sure im not sweaty i decied to put an ear cleaner in my belly button cos i think thats where the smell is comming from. The ear cleaner comes out with some blood on the end of it and has a foul smell..., im an ex dairy farmers wife and ive smelt this when cows havent cleaned out propley after they have calved..., WHAT could this mean.., its a bit sore but only when it s poked.., the small amount of discharge is very light if at all... I had a hysterectomy at 28 with reason being .., changing cells, and pre longed periods.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
The symptoms that you are having are likely to be due to an umbilical infection. You need to keep the area clean and dry. Local antiseptic cream and oral antibiotics will help to control the infection.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,