Strange sensation on left side of crotch, periodic pulsing and throbbing, no pain or swelling, light smoker and drinker. Should I be worried?

Hi, My name is Mark and for the past week or so I have been experiencing a strange sensation on the left side of my crotch area. It is a pulsing throbbing that has a rhythm of three or four seconds on then the same period off . The best I can describe it is as a weak cell phone phone vibration or one of those electric pad massagers that pulse . I have no pain or swelling . I generally feel well and am active. I am 5 7 160 pounds. I am a light smoker and have a few drinks 3 or four times a week. I eat well and living in Japan have a very healthy diet . This throbbing is extremely annoying. Should I be worried? I appreciate your time and attention to my query! Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012