Strange feeling thumb, doctor prescribed gel for ligament inflammation, not working. Now stiff neck and shoulders. What could it be?

Hi i ve had a sore left shoulder / arm and strange feeling down into my thumb or a few weeks now and went to docs.. he said was mild .. inflamation in ligament or tendon in shoulder and recommended ibuprofen gel .. and go back if no improvement in 2 weeks... i have also been to a physio who thinks its my rotator cuff muscle rather than the shoulder and has given me some exercises.. said had an issue with my C6 vertebrae that was causing the thumb problem..... i m now getting alot of stiffness in neck and across both shoulders and my arm still sore.. and today i have noticed a strange taste in back of mouth (similar to the accrid taste you get after using eye drops)... just wondering if it could all be connected .. doc did say i could go back for injection in shoulder if i needed to...
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013