Strange bump on the knuckle while karate since six months, pinkish skin above it. Is it a tumour?

hi, i am 19 years old, i took karate for a while and after my 3rd class i noticed a strange bump on the knuckle connecting my index finger to my hand . at first i ignored it but it has been about 6 months and it s still there and i am starting to worry. it is under the skin and makes the skin above it look a bit pinkish. it does not hurt and it isn t affecting my ability to use my hand or finger or anything. is it possible that it s some kind of tumor . and if i wanted to get it checked out do i go to a dermatologist or who? and would i need xrays ?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
Difficult to say what it is based on your description. If the lump feels bony then yes you will need to have an X-ray. It would be unusual to have a tumour in this location at your age and so don't panic just get it checked out.