Strained lower back, pulled muscle, pain on getting up. History of spinal problems. Treatment?

It feels as though I have strained my lower back, pulled a muscle. The pain is very bad when I bend down or rise from a sitting position, also when sitting. I have very little pain when I walk. It also feels as if it s moving towards my right hip. I can walk & stand with very little pain. I have had disc problems in the past, but it was very different. The disc problem went on for months & effected my walking (siatica). Do you think this is just a pulled muscle? I am wearing a back brace and using a cane to lean on when I rise from sitting. It has only been about 48 hours after a lot of physical work in my yard & house. Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012