Strained breathing, white foam on lips, stuffy nose post fever treatment with antibiotics. Cause?

SMy 3yr old granddaughter has had difficulty breathing through her nose since she had a fever about three weeks ago. She was treated with antibiotics. The fever went away but she is having a very hard time breathing at night and makes all kinds of noise. It looks to me as if she is straining to breath. She also has a white foam on her lips at night. During the day she is a bundle of energy and appears well, although sometimes we notice her nose is stuffy but never runny. I tried to look at her tonsils but couldn t get a good look. I can t hear any obvious wheezing . She has an appointment at the pediatrician tomorrow. I m concerned about this.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012