Strained and ruptured voice. History of using high pitch and slow pitch voice for 3 hours everyday. Slow recovery. Help

Hello Doctors,
I hopefully look for your views and advice on my throat problem as follows. Shortly, my throat has never been able to recover 100% back to its original health (as I feel) since past 8-9 months. I mainly feel a strained voice and kind of rupture somewhere which seems to be recovering very slowly. I used to practise singing/vocals for 2 to 3 hours every day properly before this, during which I would practise both high and low pitches as required. I feel the reason for my problem could be that I exerted it too much. I would also catch cold quite easily earlier. Have been taking moderate medicines (Allopathic Homeopathic), drink warm water only but as I said above, it seems to be recovering at slow pace.

Any suggestion and advice will mean world to me as I need to resume my singing practice and haven't been able to do so since this long. I can not afford losing this much time.

Looking forward eagerly to your response.

Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013