Strain in lower back, muscle spasm. X-ray showed loss of normal lumbar lordosis. Cause?

Last week I had an x ray on the lumbar spine following a fall at work 8 weeks ago. Can some loss of the normal lumbar lordosis and minor spondylotic lipping at L1/L2 be caused by a lower back strain and ongoing muscle spasm . I have in the past had degenerative changes at S1/L5/L4 with a slight disc bulge at L4/L5 show up on an MRI but this is not showing on the recent plain x ray and the changes noted in this x ray have not been seen before. I am having difficulty driving the 55 minutes to work as this flares up the pain.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012