Strain in arm shoulder. Tests all normal. Undergone physiotherapy. Can I continue doing workouts? Is it cervical problem?

Hi Doctor, Glad to see you !! 2 Years back when I was doing push-ups, I got a little strain in my right arm shoulder exactly where the nerve connects to my neck. I did MRI scan , endoscopy and X-ray to check whether something has happened by consulting a doctor in Sanshetty, Pune. He said there is nothing to worry you need to undergo Physiotheraphy for few days. But I quit in the middle. Still I am having a pain in the same place, cant lift heavy objects etc. Perhaps, I couldn t restrict myself from doing exercises(which i like the most). Started doing Pull-ups nowadays. Also is it ok that if I join a gym and do work outs. My basic question is : Is this something that is called as cervical problem, and if once it has occurred it can t be curred for the lifetime??
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012