Stopped taking metronidazole pills for BV. Brownish/red discharge with itching. Took monistat. Is this something beside yeast infection?

I recently stopped taking metronidazole pills for BV last Friday. Four days ago I started experiencing itching. And two days ago I started getting brownish/red discharge, there's little red looking chunks in it (tiny). I heard the antibiotic I was on for BV can cause yeast infections so I started a Monistat 3 combination pack last night. I am continuing the yeast infection treatment, but is this something besides a yeast infection?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013