Stopped taking birth control pills, urine strip negative for pregnancy. Advice?

hi ... i was taken birth control pills after my 1st baby ... one monteh before i stopped taking pills and trying for baby ... my periods were due on October 28... but didnot get yet ... just visit my doctor and after test she recommended some medicine for getting periods as my urined strip test and blook test shows that m not pregnant. how much tiem it would take for getting pregnant ... we are planning for a baby now. please advise. thanks
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012