Stopped nicotine years ago, get stressed and tensed, increased tendency to start nicotine. Suggestions?

I had a habited of smoke and love to enjoy any nicotine stuff for three years with daily consumption of these kind of stuff very much.slowly I was not enjoyed with this stuff or maybe I was suffering in bad health or very weak.After that I tried to avoid it by doing meditation for improving my self confidence to control over those bad habits.And I was successfully control myself from last five years without been touch with those stuff.But when I feel stress and any tension enviroment my tendency for nicoten again increase and sometime I want to start those stuff again. please advise what to do?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013