Stopped medicines for thyroid, increased heart beat rate, missed periods, sleeplessness. Should I get back on medicines?

Hi Doctor, I have had graves disease in the past and I was on methimazole for about 3 years. My thyroid has seemed to improve more as the years past and I have been on lower doses of my medicine. My endorcronoligist has suggested for me to completely stop taking my medicine and see the results and if I am well enough to go without it for life. I am also on birth control and the week that I was supposed to get my period, I did not. I have been feeling more awake, with my heart occasionally beating faster, and much more speedy like I am always hyper. I know this is linked with my problem and I am waiting for the okay from my doctor to get back on my medicine. I am really just curious about the period part. Thank-you!
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012