Stopped medication for thyroid cancer. Feeling tired, exhausted. Head paining, soft, tender. Medical care required?

My mom is going to be 70 yrs old in April. She is very active and in general good health. She had thyroid cancer a few years ago, had surgery to get cancer removed and was cleared of it. Now she had to quit her daily medication to do her blood test for her 2nd or 3rd follow up and of course like before not taking her medication makes her feel tired and exhausted. Last night she complained that the top of her head hurts and when she touches the spot, which is like the babies soft spot is tender and feels indented and soar. She has not hit her head, and drinks a lot of water and she has a healthy diet . She don t want to go to her general physician and wants to wait until she goes see her cancer doctor when she gets the results of her test which she won t have until like 3 weeks from now if that. Should she not wait until then to get that checked out? Should we worry? Since after doing some reaserch I have noticed this soft spot is a more common thing that we thought.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013