Stopped depo due to continuous bleeding, have swelling in vagina and discomfort during periods. Alarming?

I have three children and was on the depo birth control shot. I continuously bleed for over a year and have decided to stop receiving the shot. however ever since, my vagina feels very swollen and uncomfortable during my period, especially within the first days of my cycle. is this something i should be concerned about?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
May 2013

depo sometimes can cause menstrual irregularity which will usually subside soon, but as the symptoms prolonged in your case that led to stoppage of that method, if you need you can go for some other method of contraception like pills etc,
during periods some women experience body pains, swollen genital parts, bloating sensation etc,
these are self limiting usually, so need no to worry.
if that is creating problem with your day to day activities you can once consult gynecologist to get examined.
take care.