Stopped birth control pill, had unprotected sex. Dark spotting, cramping, tired, no period. What should I do?

I have been on a birthcontrol pill for about a year now which had ultimately stopped my period from happening for about 6 months. Well a little over a week ago me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex trying the pull out method and we thought everything went fine. Well now some things are happening with my body. At first it was some dark spotting which I thought was just excess dried blood since I hadn t had a period in such a long time (Its also nowhere near the time of the month when I would normally be having my period). And now its pink and theres a little more of it. Also I m exhausted. Cramping. And all I can stand to eat is garlic bread. Do you think I should go and take a pregnant test. Or could this just be a result of not having a period so long and my body s reaction to it.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hi, if you took birth control pill as advised without any miss pill then chances of getting pregnant is very rare.Still i would like to advise you to do Urine pregnancy test. Some times after prolong pill intake period gets scanty .