Stopped birth control. Had perios a week back. Medium flow with clots. History of bicornuate uterus. When will periods stop?

I stopped my birth control pills last month after being on them for 5 yrs. Last friday I started spotting and by sunday I had a light period. On tuesday my period became heavy and then went back to the light to medium flow the rest of the week. Today is sunday and its a medium flow with clots. When will my period stop? Ive always had irregular periods and was put on birth control due to having a miscarriage in 2007. At that time they discovered I had a bicornuate uterus and I had hypothyroidism . The dr said I had to go on these pills. Please help me. I want to know if this bleeding for so long is normal and if it will stop.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012