Stopped alcohol. Pain during urination after drinking alcohol in any quantity. Suggestions?

Hello, I took Jan as a month of opportunity to kick start my year and stopped drinking alcohol for the month. It started to hurt when I urinated so based on history of UTI drank lots of cranberry juice and got antibiotics from my GP. When the tests came back it showed it wasn t UTI/ kidney infection which was a surprise given history and back pain in the Area associated with a kidney infection. I ve noticed now that if I drink alcohol in any qty it really hurts to urinate the next day. What can be the cause of this?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013