Stopped Paxil, brain zaps during exertion, tremors, losing erection. Common?

My boyfriend has been off Paxil for about 5 months. He experiences severe brain zaps when he exerts himself or is emotionally overwhelmed. During sex he gets to the peak of orgasm and instead of the normal end result of orgasm he gets severe brain zaps that usually turn into physical tremors his hands shake it looks like a horror movie where he is hooked up to an electrical torture device. Needless to say he looses his erection and is unable to have that release. It seems to wipe him out so much that he needs to sleep. Is this something that is common? Will it get better? It scares me when it happens because I can clearly see how painful it is for him. It doesn t just happen during sex when he has exerted himself from working out. It s also sometimes when he gets overwhelmed with emotions (good and bad) he gets the brain zaps. How can I be a good partner to him and help him get through this.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012