Stopped Elleste due to breakthrough bleeding, continuing HRT, have put on weight. Is this normal?

i started Elleste duet 1 mg 3 weeks ago. I was on Elleste 2 mg over a year ago but my doctor took me off it as i had breakthrough bleeding which was concerning as i had not had a cycle for 2 1/2 years prior to this. I went back on HRT because i was still experiencing the occassional hot flushe in the day time. However, my main concern is i seem to be putting on weight - i lost weight with the 2 mg but have gained 4lbs in weight in 3 weeks. Is this normal? i am normally around 9 stone 4lbs the extra weight is depressing and uncomfortable. I am also urinating more frequently always feel as though my bladder is full - is this normal - i am 50 yrs old next year.I have not had children.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012