Stools are not normal and have been a regular drinker of alcohol.Am i suffering from liver disorder?

Three weeks ago, I went to the washroom and saw that my stool was pale colored (NOT white but like a pale-ish very light wood color). I became terrified because I've read via the internet that it can be a variety of the things. The most popular reason is the possibility that my bile in my gall bladder duct is obstructed by a stone(s) or might a serious liver problem. I have been a drinker of alcohol for many years, have had a bad diet that has consisted of a lot of greasy fatty food, and have also been taking Prilosec for my acid reflux (for a very long time) due to this sedentary lifestyle. A year ago my doctor had found that my bilirubin levels had increased by a little, therefore, she was not concerned at all but that I should cut out my drinking, which I did but, only for 5 months. Fast forward to one year later and this happens; I immediately call my doctor to tell her what occured but she told me that she wasn't very concerned or worried because I didn't display any abdominal pain, black tarried stool or brown colored urine and no other accompanying symptoms, and she said that it was possible that my diet's the culprit. She also said that if I'm really concerned that I should set up an appointment for blood work but to not be worried. It is now the fourth week, and I have changed my entire diet for the better. So, far my stools are back to normal. No pale stools. No nothing. Can someone with experience shed some light as to what might have happened to me that day? I am still a bit nervous. Is this reversible? Why would my doc say she isn't worried about this? Why is it that I should be worried ONLY if I have abdominal pain, dark urine, or jaundice? Please help!
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013