Stood in snow barefoot now heel is hurting.What could this be ?

This sounds very stupid I agree. I went outside in the snow it was like 10 degrees idk how cold the snow was but I went out barefoot. I was standing in the snow for less than a minute! But its been a day and my heel is red and is hurting and it does seem to be swollen. What could this be?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Jan 2011
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
This is known as frostbite. The cold has damaged your feet. If only the superficial layers (skin & fascia ) are damaged, it will get better it you keep your feet & body warm . So try doing that, by warm water (not too hot) and gentle application of a soothing ointment (calendula) or petroleum jelly.
If there is no relief, see a doctor.
Please mention ur age and any other illness if you may have (like diabetes)