Stomach virus, dizziness, vomiting episode. Prescribed advil for fever. Normal symptoms?

Hi, My ten year old son had a stomach virus starting Thursday night and went to the doctor Friday. DR. Diagnosed him with the virus and told me to keep hydrated and give Advil if he developed fever . He seemed to get better over the weekend but he laid around and rested. He went to school Monday and missed school today claiming he was dizzy and didn t feel good. This evening he threw-up again. I am not sure if this is common with stomach virus or if he should be better by now?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013