Stomach ulcer. Bloating, hyperacidity, belching, abdominal pain, heart burn. High anxiety. Can lead to cancer?

Hi. I am 30 years old, female, has very high level of anxiety , I m a type A that s why been suffering from stomach ulcer since ca 11 years old :( (duodenal ulcer, perhaps, since eating calms my stomach pain/hunger pangs). I always experience pain in the upper abdomen, bloating , hyperacidity , belching with sour taste in the mouth, feels regurgitation of food from stomach up to my throat, indigestion, feeling of lump in my throat at times, and my whole stomach is always big like I am pregnant. The pain usually subsides when I take antacids. If I do not do anything to relieve the pain or to do something to help in passing gas out, pain becomes more intense and lasts for days. Sometimes, antacids do not help anymore. I still feel bloated and gas won t come out, which makes the pain become more intense. I tried to research on the internet about my case, and then I found this GERD/GER/ Heartburn . I ve been comparing their signs and symptoms with what I always experience, and more or less they are the same. And then it says there chronic GER/GERD can lead to BARRETT S esophagus , which leads to cancer of the throat later on in life! I also have recurrent tonsilitis. My tonsilitis are always inflamed, they grow big and red, which makes me hard to swallow. I am very afraid, since the sister of my grandfather on the father side died long ago with throat cancer (I am not sure, though, whether it s laryngeal /throat/esophageal cancer---I am confused with their differences). I do not know exactly the cause of her cancer, but she used to be a singer during her younger days, also worked as a broadcaster/announcer, and as a saleswoman, using much her voice all the time. In my case, do you think I have high risk of having throat/esophageal cancer later in my life? Or Barrett s esophagus, at least? What shall I do? What do you recommend? Thank you so much, will appreciate all your help. -Jay
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
esophageal cancer, laryngeal cancer are different
smoking is the most common risk factor for throat cancer or alcohol, certain virus,genetic,tobacco.but gerd is risk factor for esophageal cancer
but still research going on the possibility of its association with laryngeal cancer
yes you are on exposure to risk of barett's
advice is first ti cut down your weight if you are obese.
have small frequent foods instead heavy ones.this is the key.
take more fruits and green leafy veg
do regular exercise with more intake of water
get a habit of drinking 1 lit of water in waking up in the morning.
if you are getting pain then have antacids like pantoprazole daily now.
simultaneously modify your life style
it may take sometime but if you stick to the routine what advices above
wish you good health.take care