Stomach tightens with pain in heart after physical work. Why constipation?

dr.this is sonali from india varanasi dr my mother is suffering from stomach problem or heart problem but its difficult to rectify it wat the actual prolem is because as she completes her food and drink water her stomach become tight and pains start in her heart and in her both arm and in shoulders and if she do any hard work or walk few distance or climb stairs or wash cloths or take bath pain stars in her heart and can breath properly to cum ovr from this she take hingoli then after few hrs she get relief . drs she is also sufferingfrom constipation(kabz) she is unable to have clear stool plz help me drs and tell me wat is this
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi Sonali thanks for question.
You have not mentioned one of the most important point in history that is age of your mother.
your unable to differentiate between the stomach problems and heart problems of your mother.From the history of pain in heart ,both arms and shoulder after taking food,this is typically the pain of gastric ulcer.what your calling as pain in heart is retrosternal pain which occur in gastric ulcer and reflux disorder.Difficulty in breathing and pain after exertion could be due to heart problems like ischemic heart Disease.Your advised to get your mother consultation from a physician specialist ,who will work up her completely in the form of upper G,I endoscopy, for stomach problems and ECG and echocardiography for heart ailment and will also evaluate her for constipation.Hope i answered your question.Regards