Stomach swelling. Scans said mass lesion in right lobe of liver, likely malignant. What does it show?

Hi, My father(age 75+) is india, he has problem with stomach swelling. they did all scans(PET CT scan also). the summart in the report will be IMPRESSION PETCT: - Metabolically active large heterogeneously enhancing mass lesion in right lobe of liver - Likely malignant, Suggested HPE correlaŕion. Metabolically active hypodense nodule in left lobe of liver - Likely liver metastases. Metabolically active multiple noncalcific portal and retroperitoneal adenopathy - Likely nodal involvement. Small left supraclavicular Iymphncdes with mild increased metabolic activity - Metastatic, Suggested excision biopsy and HPE correlation. No evidence of pulmonary nodules. No evidence of metabolically active disease anywhere else in the body. Can i know is their any problem or why suggesting biopsy. please advise
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012