Stomach problems, frequent stools, weight loss. How to gain weight and prevent frequent bowels?

Hi sir, My name is CCCC i have stomach problem.... actualy at morning i have to go wash room 2 tyms but after eat my breakfast again i have to go wash room... i consern with doctor but it work for few days but again i facing the same problem............ AND my age is 25 years & my weight is 40 kg so how can i gain my weight so can u help me out.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012
Hello Dear
Thanks for your query
For how many days are you having the problem?What is the stool volume and appearance ?What are the other symptoms associated ? Is there feeling of incomplete evacuation ?Is there blood in stool ?

There might be many causes of this altered bowel habit starting from Irritable bowel syndrome to colonic carcinoma.

Investigations should be performed for diagnosis :

-Stool microscopy and culture (to exclude infectious conditions)
-Blood tests: Full blood examination, Liver function tests, Erythrocyte sedimentation rate, serological testing for coeliac disease
-Abdominal ultrasound (to exclude gallstones and other biliary tract diseases)
-Endoscopy and biopsies (to exclude peptic ulcer disease, coeliac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, malignancies)
-Hydrogen breath testing (to exclude fructose and lactose malabsorption)

Have a healthy high fibre diet.Take plenty of fluids.
If you are having diarrhoea due to infective cause then you should have a course of Metronidazole.Irritable bowel syndrome may be a cause.In that case SSRI like fluoxetine will help you. But dont self medicate .Have a medical check up from a gastroenterologist and follow his advice.

For gaining weight have healthy diet with enough protein [meat , fish , egg , pulses etc].Do regular exercises.Decrease the anxiety and have enough sleep.

Hope this helps.
Update here how you stay .
Take care :)