Stomach problem with piles at the age of 72. Can i go for ayurvedic or homeopathy treatment ?

hi my father s age is 72 he is having problem of constipation as well as loose motion since 20 years he usually takes entroquinaol or norflox when loose motion happens and takes laxative when there is constipation. this process happens in every 10 days (either of them). He also has a problem of piles . plz suggest me what to do for a permamnent cure . AS we stay at bhubaneswar there is a ayurvedic hospital , a homeopathy hospital as well as good govt. hospital and private hospital like Apollo. and in this age will homeopathy or ayurvedy medicine work?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jul 2011