Stomach pain, weakness in limbs, chest pain. On Metrogyl 400. Ultrasound done, shows swelling in intestines. Treatment?

Hi, I have been suffering from stomach ache for quite some time. Had an USG done and was found that there s some swelling on the intestines. From 4-5 days, i m feeling pain and cramps in my stomach. The pain seems to rise above to the chest giving a feeling of pain in the chest. I m having Tab. Metrogyl 400 for 4-5 days. Started feeling very weak and my limbs have started hurting as well. Also experiencing some sort of headache where head seems to be very heavy. Kindly suggest..
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response

Your complaints though may be complete but your history is insufficient in the following aspects :
Age, Gender, food habits, etc.
With the available history the diagnosis may be a Gastritis or a Gastro-esophageal Reflux disease. But, USG abdomen is a very crude investigation to arrive at a diagnosis. You may either need a CT scan abdomen or an upper GI endoscopy or both. The treatment of your problems will be based on the results. Wish u a healthy life...

Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim
Surgical Oncologist