Stomach pain, vomiting blood. Taken medicine without relief. Cause?

my brother is 42 years old and he has had severe stomach pain and is vomiting blood for the past 4 months, doctor has ruled out stomach cancer but cannot find the cause of why he in pain and vomiting, the medicine he was given is to treat grud and it is not helping, what could be the cause of this? The only thing that helps his stomach pain is he has to sit in the bath tub in very hot water to ease the pain it does not stop the vomiting.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

I can't understand how gastric cancer was ruled out, whether he has undergone endoscopic examination or any imaging like CT scan. If not already done get an endoscopic examination because stomach pain and blood in vomitus is alarming feature and require evaluation and treatment accordingly.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.