Stomach pain, trouble passing bowel movements, undigested feces. Any idea?

Dear Doctor, I just woke up because I can t handle the stomach pain I;m feeling. It hurts so bad, but it dissapears after a few seconds, then comes back after a few seconds. I m also having a hard time pooping. It seems like my feces is undigested because when I was washing I even felt a bayleaf. I m still feeling it now, I want to have an idea what this is so that I know what to say when I go to my doctor.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012
Hi, thank you for posting!

I read your query very carefully and I understand your concerns.

According to your symptoms I can say that you suffer from IBS(irritable bowel syndrome).
You should follow these tests in order to relieve your symptoms:
1. Eliminate spicy and acidic foods from your diet.
2. Reduce the amount of carbohydrates in your diet.
3. Eat high fiber foods.
4. Do not drink alcoholic and carbonated drinks, coffee and milk.
5. Quit smoking(if you do smoke)
6. Take proton pump inhibitor medicines such as Nexium.

However you need the following tests for confirming the diagnosis:
1. Abdominal ultrasound.
2. Abdominal Ct-scan.
3. Fibrogastroendoscopy.
4. Liver function test.
5. Complete blood count.
6. Urine test.
7. Stool culture.

Contact your gastroenterologist in order to discuss about the diagnosis and treatment.

All the best.
Dr. Behar.