Stomach pain towards groin, back pain. Appendicitis?

My stomach hurts and my lower back hurts. If i eat any more food i will want to throw up. I couldnt sleep well last night due to the stomAch and lower back pains. Now i also cant poop. 2 years ago i had similar symptoms and was just very constipated from eating a lot of mac n cheese. However im concerned i might have an appendisitis because the stomach pain is now going towards my left groin area under my stomach though the pain isnt severe i have a feeling it can turn out to be. How do i tell and what should i do?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Hi ! As your pain is on the left side towards your left groin, one can not give much weghtage to the diagnosis of appendicitis, as the pain of appendicitis is mostly on the right side of lower abdomen, which may radiate to the right groin in some atypical positions of the appendix. Left sided appendix is one of the rarest entity.
]We can think of more common entity for pain on the left side of your stomach and lower back like collitis or food poisoning etc, as you give a history of eating outside food much.
Also as you are constipated obviously because of your dietary habits, you may be developing diverticulitis of sigmoid colon ( a part of the colon) which can give rise to severe pain on the left side of abdomen. In my opinion, you should consult a gastro enterologist/ surgeon, who may decided on an ultrasound abdomen or a GI endoscopy apart from other routine investigations, depending on the clinical findings once food poisoning is excluded. Once you are treated and cured, please do not forget to modify your dietary habits like adding more of roughage and liquids in your diet. Wish you an early recovery.
General Surgeon Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
Appendiciti swould be on the right are and you would have fever, and constan pain in lower right regin.
This sounds to me more like stomach or gallbladder issue.
this is caused by high acid secretion which is found in gastritis, GERD or hiatus hernia. These disorders can cause such difficulties and you should do gastroscopy to evaluate this. Symptoms that are experienced in such conditions are pain and tightness in upper stomach, bloating, breathing difficulties, heartburn, feeling of lump and sore in throat, gurgling sound in throat, fatigue and loss of apetite.
Symptoms are aggravated after meal, long sitting, leaning forward,stress and anxiety. In the beginning this is treated by changing dietary habbits.
You should avoid alcohol,coffee,smoking,fats and fast food, carbonated drinks and eat more milk and milk products, fruit and vegetables,boiled food and natural beverages and teas. 1 hour after meal you should not sit or lay. Also lay with elevated upper body. If you are overweight you should do often exercise. The same is for the gallbladder stones. YOu should do ultrasounds to evaluate this.
WIsh you good health.
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Appendix is on the right side! The pain starts in the centre and moves to right lower quadrant. Your pain is on the left....

It is difficult to guess further! - You have not stated your age, gender, personal habits, family history or co-morbidities / or other symptoms - fever? urine?

Get yourself examined by a doctor
May need some basic investigation...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck