Stomach pain on waking up, no nausea or loss of appetite. Due to soft drinks?

Do you know what could cause my stomach to hurt after waking....even if its just a short nap or sleeping through the night it hurts. It hurts the second I awake before consuming anything or doing anything. It goes away after about an hour. I am 21 dont drink alcohol or smoke but do consume a lot of pop mainly mountain dew. It has been doing this for a long tim e probably at least 5 years. Don t feel nausea or any other symptoms and it doesnt stop me from eating.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can be caused by stomach or duodenum ulcers. The pain is usually located in the upper middle abdomen. Chest burning or acid reflux can be present. Soft drinks can have some impact on it.
It is advisable at your case to have some tests. Abdominal ultrasound, full blood work and upper GI endoscopy should be performed with Helicobacter Pylori test.

Hope this will help.