Stomach pain in lower right portion, what could it be ?

Female dull acute stomach pain ,lower right portion. Passing gas helps relieve pain . That part of the stomach rumbles. Been like this for 24 hours
Asked On : Wed, 13 Apr 2011

I would like to recommend you Lycopodium 200, three times a day for a week. It is a Homeopathic remedy and will help you.

Dr. Ritu Sandhu
Homeopathic medical consultant AND Physician
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You seem to be suffering from IBS. It is a disorder which is linked with stress. There will be abdominal bloating, abdominal cramping in the morning with passage of motion and flatus which will relieve the pain. Reduce stress in life by doing Yoga, Pranayam. Take frequent breaks at work. Stay away from sweet, spicy, wheat, fatty food. Avoid junk food. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Brisk walk for 40 minutes a day. The symptoms may reduce with these measures. If not you should consult a Psychiatrist for proper diagnosis and effective treatment which exists for this condition. Not to worry.
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. Stomach discomfort can be caused by lots of things including constipation, hepatitis, hormonal changes, indigestion, inflammation of the stomach lining, irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance and ulcers. As you said your pain is relieved on flatus it could be due to constipation or inflammation. You need to tell me more about your stool passage and quality of pain. Many foods, such as beans, broccoli, soy products, milk products and eggs can also cause cramps and gas. In many cases, especially if you feel crampy, simply passing gas or having a bowel movement can fix the problem, at least temporarily. However, when the pain or discomfort caused by excessive gas becomes frequent, it can make everyday life difficult. So if the symptoms persists you should visit a doctor to get your symptoms diagnosed. Wish you good health.