Stomach pain due to missing of meals, gastritis, home remedy effective. How can it be treated?

Hi I m getting pains in my stomach iv had them now for few years but were very seasonal. The pains have now come often weekly or two weeks lasting few weeks and are painfully. Doctors say it can be gastritis and I need to eat properly. I do miss meals due to my job but even if I m slightly off schedule to eat my pains come and stay for days or weeks. These pains are not effecting my eating but can be painfully. The pain is usually all around my stomach and can be all over as well. It does come as high as my bottom half my chest and doctors put that down to acidity flaring up. The only way I feel relief is getting the stomach massaged by my mother who uses some old fashioned techniques the rice the gas and I must admit it does get better until the next time I miss a meal.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012