Stomach pain, chronic condition, pain on waking, pressing the area. Cure?

i have been having pain in my stomach for about a yr and a half or two and i have been to the er they haven t found anything. oo have also been to a gastroenterologist to and he seems to think it has nothing to do with that. the the er told me they wanted me to go see one i am so confused and in pain literally every day when i wake up. it hurts when i lay on my sides and and hurts when i push in the area it hurts.??
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
I read carefully and I would suggest to exams like:
-abdominal ultrasound
-upper endoscopy
-blood work
I am asking you about these exams because there are two main causes related with your concerns
- Stomach problems (gastritis, ulcer, esophagitis)
- Gallbladder problems

If these entire exams will be normal, we can say that you don't have organic problem but functional problem of your stomach and bowels.

If I were your treating doctor firstly I would suggest changing your lifestyle:
-avoid spicy food, fatty, soft drinks, smoking and alcohol, tea and chocolate.
- use anti acids
- avoid stress

Wish you the best
If you have other concerns, feel free and ask me.
Dr.Klerida Shehu