Stomach pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea, fatigue, weight loss. Taken medicine for IBS. What to do?

hi I am a 20 yr old male. Ive had severe stomach pain, bloating, excess gas, and diarrhea, fatigue and unexplained weight loss no matter how much I eat for about 6 months now. Ive been to the emergency room 4 times in one town and 2 times in another. They diagnosed me with IBS and prescribed medication. Ive been taking the meds and changed my diet. Symptoms continued to get worse so I went to a specialist, again they said IBS. Now I have severe diarrhea resembling black mucus and blood. No one will listen im scared I might die. ive lost 50 lbs in the last few months. don't know what to do
Asked On : Tue, 16 Jul 2013
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
You mentioned only few things as ,
Diarrhea===6 months,
I B S====diagnosis,
Weight loss==== 50 lbs,
mucus & blood in stool.
May be due to Bowel fistula,
hormone producing tumor,
lactase deficiency,
Nonabsorbable carbohydrate ,
steatorrhea ,
celiac's disease,
Crohn's disease,
Infectious disease.
H I V ( if contamination i.e. contact)
There are so many other reasons .
Upload all reports , there after any diagnosis could be made.
Good luck.
Dr. HET

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.