Stomach pain below breast bone, hurts to breathe and cough. Could hiatal hernia be the cause?

I am having pain in my stomach in the center just below breast bone. It hurts to breathe and cough . I have to lay on my back to sleep because if I turn on my side it is much worse. I do have a hiatal hernia . Could this be the cause? I have had this for 6 days. About 6 weeks ago this pain woke me up and it was so severe I called an ambulance, but they just checked my heart and sent me home with pain meds.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012