Stomach pain above belly button, nausea, no vomiting. Causes and treatment?

Hi, so I started to get really sick yesterday like I needed to be sick but I just couldn t, then I keep getting bad pains in like high stomach area like abit higher from you belly button. I keep thinking I need to be sick but I just can t, it hurts a lot when these pains happen but I only get them like every 15-30 mins, what is it?
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012
Hello and welcome,

From your description it seems like you have been experiencing abdominal pain in the epigastric region.

This could be due to various reasons, and as you have not disclosed much information I shall venture into the most common conditions associated with this kind of pain.

Peptic Ulcer disease: a peptic ulcer is formed in patients due to numerous reasons like: smoking, alcohol, stress, life style (including bad food habits), etc. Other associated symptoms can be hunger-pain(abdominal), loss of weight, loss of appetite, nausea, abdominal bloating. Abdominal pain can last from few minutes to hours and is relieved by eating something or consuming an antacid.

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: This is a condition in which the upper sphincter of the stomach could be slightly dysfunctional, leading to stomach contents refluxing into the esophagus, causing belching, sleep apnea, burning sensation in the abdomen, occasionally vomiting, abdominal bloating. Solved with antacids.

Gallstone disease: Stones formed in the gall bladder can be asymptomatic for long duration's, but at times due to their position, they could present with symptoms, most commonly abdominal pain and vomiting.

Gastritis: Is the inflammation of the lining of the stomach. Caused because of a bacteria or various other factors.

If none of the above conditions could be the cause to your condition, or even if any of these symptoms match your presentation, I would advice you to visit your physician or gastroenterologist who will easily be able to make a diagnosis and make all your symptoms disappear.

I hope this information has helped you, you can always write back to us for our help.