Stomach pain, abnormal period. Negative pregnancy test. Taken Meftal spas. Now brown discharge

hi doc, we are married for 4 years now and now planning a baby. my periods were due around the first of jan and did not happen till 10th jan. but i had been facing been in the lower belly for many times in these days. In fact i checked for the pregnancy test but it was negative. but yesterday evening the periods started which was much lesser than regular. i took meftal spas for relieving myself from pain. it was later followed by a strange material outflow for once. this was a mix of thick brown blood and some white substance...kind of the layering substance which i couldn t understand. kindly suggest.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013