Stomach & lower back pain with spotting. Had Merina placed, irregular periods. What could be this?

i have had the merina for over 4 years! last year for a few months i had my period 2 times a month for atleast a week or 2 that stopped an now since monday i have hurt in the bottom part of my stomach an lower back an when i hurt i will have spots of blood but after the pain stops ( pain stops for a short period of time) there is no bleeding! year wait at the at my doctors office! what could this be an should i be concerned
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012