Stomach infection not getting treated.

My stool culture report shows negative baccilli, positive cocci in pairs, and yeast cells, I pass mucus with ocult blood in stool . pain in lower abdomen and below the chest . doctor has advised me zifi 200 twice a day alongwith colospa retard capsules twice daily. Its been more then a week previous doctor tried to treat me but the pain goes away for some time and keeps reoccurring. please help
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Bacilli and Cocci get encapsulated ,become dormant for long,under unfavourable circumstances,then become active again in favourable circumstances.Thats hy you are facing that problem again and again. you need medication for long term and regular.take bilwaveleha 1 tsf twice daily- its preparation is similar to chawayanprash.
also kutajarisha 2 tsf thrice daily with water after meals.
some bacilli and cocci might be resistant to the medications you are taking. so get ur stool culture and sensitivity done so that the exact bacterias and medicines which are sensitive to the infection can be administered.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Please take help of gastro specialist or surgeon for this.You need some specific antibiotics and complete course for this.Without specific drug which can kill this gram negative pathogens you will not recover.Take light diet,avoid eating out side.Bye.