Stomach hurts while bowel movement in a child. Vomited little. What is wrong?

Hi; My five year old daughter just tonight has been complaining(screaming while on the toilet) that her stomach hurts. I asked where the pain was and she pointed to the middle of her stomach(around the belly button area). I had her sit on teh toilet for a good 10 mins or so, and about every 2 mins out of the 10, she would come off with this horrible heart wrenching scream. She did have a bowel movement , no blood , but loose. And she vomited very little(almost like a baby would spit up) She seems fine now, laying down in bed with trash can and all. She was shivering , but now she seems to be okay. Is there something more serious I should be concerned with? Thanks, Kelly
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
Nephrologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query

Severe pain around the umbilicus is suggestive of appendicitis especially more so if the pain is also associated with vomiting. I strongly recommend that you approach the ER for a USG abdomen and pelvis to rule out the appendicitis. For now I advice you to keep your child nil orally until you approach a doctor.

I hope I was of help