Stomach flu, vomiting, diarrhea, recurring symptoms. Treatment options?

I had what I thought was the flu , that only lasted about 8 hours and then about 3 weeks later it happened again. Then yesterday after only two weeks it happened again. I cant stop vomiting and have diarrhea for about 8 hours and then its like nothing ever happened. Im 52 and I am worried it could be something else. I lost my insurance in August and dont really have the money to go to the doctor if it s nothing to worry about
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012